03 May Marie Curie – Improving care and support for people with diverse needs
Shameem Nawaz from Marie Curie visited Vision 21 recently to let us know about the services the charity provides for individuals and families supporting people with terminal illness. If you know anyone who would benefit from support and advice, please forward them a link to this post:
Marie Curie can help you improve your quality of life if you are living with any terminal illness, and can provide care and support to meet your specific needs.
All our services are free of charge.
We offer expert care, guidance and support to help people get the most from the time they have left.
Our Nurses work day and night, in people’s homes across the UK, providing hands on care and vital emotional support.
Our Cardiff & the Vale Hospice is located in Penarth by the sea, with wonderful views overlooking the Bristol Channel. We provide a peaceful and welcoming environment, offering specialist care and support, in a friendly, welcoming environment, for people living with a terminal illness and their loved ones.
- Our support line is a confidential helpline for anyone who has questions, needs support or just wants to talk – 0800 090 2309.
- Our website has a wide range of information on practical and emotional matters – www.mariecurie.org.uk.
- Our online forum is for people to share experiences and find and give support – www.mariecurie.org.uk/help for more information.
Marie Curie believes everyone should have equal access to all the care and support they need if they’re living with a terminal illness, regardless of their condition, disability or religious preference.
We’ve launched a three-year project to look at the needs of three specific groups of people living with a terminal illness in Cardiff and the Vale:
- People with dementia
- People with learning disabilities
- People with different religious views, including those with no religious beliefs
- If you wanted to know more about the project or about Marie Curie services you can: Visit our website mariecurie.org.uk/diversity-project
- Contact me by calling me on 02920 426025
- Email me Shameem.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet me on Twitter at @ShameemNawaz
Photo shows Shameem Nawaz (left) and Bernadette Williams who both work on the Marie Curie Diversity project.