Become a Vision 21 Trainee
What we will do
- At Vision 21 we listen to you and help you to find the right project for you.
- We will work with you to develop an individual training plan to suit your needs.
- You will learn through real life activities in the training workshop of your choice.
- We will work with you to develop your living and employability skills.
- We will treat you with respect.
You can learn to:
- Make friends
- Communicate your needs and wishes.
- Make decisions and choices.
- Achieve and become more confident.
- Cope with change
- Be safe and healthy
- Recognise your strengths and where you need support
- Develop skills for work and employment
- Develop skills for life and learning
- Be more independent
- Learn to work with others.
How does you disability affect your life?
My autism makes learning difficult for me because it affects my understanding. Vision 21 has allowed me to understand people in the community better and learn about helping those in need.
Tell us about the training you receive at Vision 21 and how does this help you?
I receive training during TAM classes in the hope that I can improve my spelling, understanding and motivation. I also take the training to do things that either I haven’t done in a long time or something I have never done before. These will help to improve my skills as I go along.
What are your views on the teaching and learning that is carried out at Vision 21? Think of all the different projects on offer.
Currently the two projects I go to give everyone all the teaching and learning support that is needed.
How has Vision 21 helped?
ICT has helped me to create new documents and worksheets as well as doing some new things I never did before. These involve making web pages in publisher or creating animations. TAM has helped me to cook, which I never do, take part in sporting activities and visit other places. It has also helped me to get ideas for my gaming reviews that I do at home.
What can we do to make Vision 21 better?
Currently I do not see what Vision 21 can do to improve. So far I am happy with what is there and what I am doing right now. I hope I can continue with the experience.
Anthony – Trainee in Vision 21’s TAM and ICT projects.
To register and interest please see our Trainee Referrals page for more information.