V21 Kitchen @ Heath
Would you like to learn catering skills in a workplace canteen?
V21 Kitchen @ Heath provides daily meals for V21 trainees, volunteers and staff who work at our Fieldway site.
As a trainee you will learn to prepare food using a range of kitchen equipment, working to mealtime deadlines in a canteen setting. You will also gain experience of serving customers and receive food hygiene training.
At V21 Kitchen @ Heath you will have the opportunity to meet people and increase your confidence whilst bringing trainees, staff and volunteers together over lunch.
Together, we will develop a training plan to suit you. You could learn skills such as:
- Food preparation.
- Catering for special dietary requirements.
- Knife skills.
- Maintaining, cleaning and wearing kitchen uniform.
- Making sandwiches and baguettes.
- Serving hot and cold food and drinks.
- Setting tables.
- Using a till and handling money.
- Using kitchen equipment.
- Cleaning and washing up.
- Defrosting and cleaning the fridge and freezer.
- Food hygiene.
Trainees attend the V21 Kitchen @ Heath from Monday to Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm.
V21 Kitchen @ Heath, Unit 12 Fieldway, Maes-y-coed Road, Heath, Cardiff, CF14 4HY