V21 Pottery @ Fairwater
Would you like to get creative with clay?
Develop your creative and artistic skills working in a supportive and friendly environment at the V21 Pottery @ Fairwater.
As a trainee at V21 Pottery you will work with clay and different tools to explore interesting themes, carry out research, create your designs and put together a portfolio of the work you produce.
Together, we will develop a training plan to suit you and you could learn skills such as:
- Designing in 2D, drawing and creating surface patterns.
- Constructing clay products.
- Applying coloured slip, stain, underglaze and glaze.
- Firing, kiln and reclaiming skills.
- Creating glass art.
- Learning about artists and art techniques.
- Slip casting.
- Throwing pottery.
- Using tools and machinery safely.
- Controlling the quality of work for sale.
In a busy pottery there is lots of work to do behind the scenes, which is taken care of by our Trainee Technicians. If you choose to become a Trainee Technician, the kind of tasks you would take care of are:
- Arranging the window display.
- Maintaining and cleaning the workshop.
- Mixing glazes.
- Packing and unpacking kilns.
- Purchasing stock and stock take.
- Reclaiming and recycling clay.
- Using pottery machinery.
Trainees attend the V21 Pottery @ Fairwater Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
V21 Pottery @ Fairwater, Sbectrwm, Bwlch Road, Fairwater, Cardiff, CF5 3EF